Antelope Valley Learning Academy
Please visit Antelope Valley Learning Academy's
Accredited by the Western Association
of Schools and Colleges
Erin Wade, Principal
1240 Commerce Center Dr.
Lancaster, CA. 93534
Ph: (877) 360-LEARN
42455 10th Street West, Suite 105
Lancaster, CA. 93534
Phone: (877) 360-5327
Dante R. Simi, Chief Executive Officer
Jeff L. Brown, President
Our mission is to meet the unique needs of your child.
Welcome to A.V. Learning Academy. AVLA offers public home schooling, where parents can make sure their kids are taught the way they want. And since it’s a public school, it’s completely free!
AV Learning Academy has fully credentialed teachers that meet with you regularly to provide needed support and instruction to help you effectively teach your kids in your home.
For those of us parents worried about social skills, AVLA offers a classroom option! Parents can enroll their student into classes at our learning centers where students will learn with other children in a fun and secure setting.
Antelope Valley Learning Academy’s goal is to develop students who are:
• Life-Long Learners
They shall possess the skills, habits and attitudes to be successful throughout life. By providing a vehicle for meaningful parent involvement, we plan to bridge the gap between school and home. Parents are the essential link in improving education.
At AV Learning Academy, we understand that every student is different. Each student has a different learning style, and they come from many different backgrounds. The struggles and successes vary from one student to the next. We do not subscribe to the idea that ‘one size fits all.’
Students who attend AVLA are all taught individually in a home-based setting. At AVLA, the parent is the primary instructor with the support of a CA credentialed teacher. No two students are ever alike, and their learning plans are created accordingly. Each student will be educated in the way that works best for them, not what is easiest for the teacher. This is known as Personalized Learning.
Teachers are trained to get to the core of each and every student. Find out what makes them tick. Learn their back story. Understand how each student learns. As a result, AVLA teachers do more than educate. They are counselors. Friends. Mentors. Role Models.
In addition, we offer an optional classroom, where your child can attend learning center classes two days a week at one of our resource centers for additional support and enrichment. No class has more than 15 students enrolled, so you can be assured your student will receive the time and attention they deserve. We also have tutors on site for extra help.
Our goal is to develop students who are competent, self-motivated, life-long learners. By providing a vehicle for meaningful parental involvement, we plan to bridge the gap between school and home. Parents are the essential link in improving education. Students observe first-hand, their parents and teachers working together to make a difference.
With thousands of success stories already and many more to come, AVLA is on the cutting edge of education reform. Today’s students are tomorrow’s productive citizens. Contact Us Today
The Antelope Valley Learning Academy School admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
If you are interested in our program, the first thing you need to do is call us and schedule an Information Session, which is designed to give you an overview of our program. Our principal leads the discussion and explains how the program works, what you can expect from us, and what we, in turn, expect from you.
- We will answer many of your questions and give you a detailed explanation about how the monthly meetings work and what a meeting between your Supervising Teacher, you and your child looks like.
- We review what you and your student are expected to do at home and how your teacher provides support to you, in addition to the other supports in place, such as learning center classes, ALEKS math, and tutors.
- We provide a detailed look the curriculum we use and how we can personalize it to meet your child’s individual needs.
- It’s flexible, yet still standards-based (which means it adheres to guidelines the state of California sets for each student by grade level and what they should know and be able to demonstrate mastery of by the end of the school year on the state mandated California Standards Tests).
- We review how grades and attendance are documented, our school calendar, field trips, and so much more.
- We also review how we implement the mandatory state testing requirements for our students in grades 2 - 8.
When you leave an Information Session, you will have a very clear picture of what we do here at AV Learning Academy so you can make an informed decision about your child’s education and make the right choice for your family.