Charter Academy of Ambassador Phillip V. Sanchez
Accredited by the Western Association
of Schools and Colleges
David Petropulos, Principal
830 Fresno St.
Fresno CA 93701
Ph: (559) 470-8822
42455 10th Street West, Suite 105
Lancaster, CA. 93534
Dante R. Simi, Chief Executive Officer
Jeff L. Brown, President
It is Charter Academy's goal to provide:
• A safe and affirming learning environment
• Highly qualified teachers
• State standards of education
Charter Academy of Ambassador Phillip V. Sanchez continually seeks to find highly qualified teachers. All of our teachers hold credentials from the California Department of Education. Charter Academy's curriculum meets the California Department of Education high school graduation requirements. Charter Academy of Ambassador Phillip V. Sanchez provides a safe, secure campus where students can learn in a controlled environment. Courses are taught by highly qualified, credentialed, and supportive teachers trained to meet the needs of the students.
Using the information gained through assessment, student skill level and student interests, and their own Supervising Teacher assists the student in making initial course selections. As progress increases and interests change the selection of the courses of study may be modified.
Charter Academy of Ambassador Phillip V. Sanchez believes that part of its unique mission is to personalize the learning process to meet the ability, pace and interest of the student. In order to achieve this goal a diagnostic computerized assessment is made of the math and reading ability of all newly registered students. These assessment scores play a very important part in assisting the Supervising Teacher in enrolling the student in classes appropriate to his/her skill level. The academic progress of each student continues to be measured by the same assessment process at the end of each semester.
Charter Academy of Ambassador Phillip V. Sanchez believes that math and reading skills are the basic components of academic success. To help the student broaden math proficiency, classes of Basic Math Skills, Pre-algebra, Algebra 1 and Geometry are offered.
Students reading below grade level have the opportunity to be a part of our Power Reading Program. This course is designed specifically to meet individual reading needs. Many of our students have made remarkable progress after only 12 weeks of study. Small classes with individualized instruction and extra tutoring support these programs.
To broaden the student’s educational experience elective classes in art, Spanish and computer technology are available, along with many others. For seniors making plans for careers and college, the Senior Portfolio class provides a learning experience that gives each student the opportunity to be familiarized with the process of decision making, job searches, employment applications, college applications and participating in job interviews. Being a part of community service projects or participating in “job-shadowing” gives the student skills for the adult world.
Employed students can earn high school elective credits. Work permits are issued to students at DHCS so that students can earn elective credit by working or volunteering. Contact a DHCS teacher for more information.
Charter Academy of Ambassador Phillip V. Sanchez uses a Personalized Learning charter school model that allows the learning program to be tailored to each student’s individual needs and interests. Each student focuses on one or two subjects at a time and visits the campus once a week to meet with teachers for instruction and exams. Most of the schoolwork is completed at home. Our program highlights include:
Personalized learning that suits your learning pace, individual needs and interests!
The personalized learning format allows you to study one subject at a time and work at your own speed.
Year-round schedule. You can start NOW!
We operate on a year-round schedule. You can enroll at any time. No need to wait for a new school term. We also offer classes in the morning, afternoon and evening.
NO cost to the student!
Charter Academy of Ambassador Phillip V. Sanchez is certified by the local high school district as a public charter school and operates at no cost to the student.
All students may be eligible for a scholarship. Our program is specifically intended for those who left school for any reason before graduating.
We offer an independent study format. You study one class at a time and work at your own speed.
We allow the student to make up incomplete classes and to move toward graduation.
Charter Academy of Ambassador Phillip V. Sanchez operates on a year-round schedule. You may begin at any time.
We offer classes in the morning, afternoon and evening.
We are authorized by the State of California to give instruction and award diplomas.
Our campuses are conveniently located.
We are located on established city bus routes.
The personalized learning format allows you to study one subject at a time and work at your own speed. We operate on a year-round schedule. You can enroll at any time. No need to wait for a new school term. We also offer classes in the morning, afternoon and evening. NO cost to the student!
- Gives the student individual access to a highly qualified credentialed faculty.
- Provides point of reentry for the student who has left or chooses to leave the traditional school process.
- Focuses on the individual educational needs of students who, because of personal, family, or financial situations, find themselves excluded from the opportunities of the traditional school.
- Provides for individualized diagnostic academic assessment and course selection for each student.
- Recognizes that not all students learn at the same pace and offers the option to study only one course at a time
- Continues the education of the student who is 18 years of age or older and who has not completed graduation requirementsPersonalized Learning – What's in it for the Parents?
- Provides a quiet, controlled and safe environment for your child to attend school.
- Allows you to spend more time with your child and to have a greater impact in his/her life.
- Provides you every week with how well your child has performed academically. This gives you the opportunity to intervene immediately in the event your child’s achievement falls below your expectations.
- Allows you to know where your child is and to more closely monitor the people with whom he/she associates.
- Accommodates the learning speed of your child. The typical student takes only one class at a time and he/she can take as much time as needed to complete the assignment.
- Gives your child the opportunity to work with just one supervising teacher instead of six or more. This allows for the teacher to more fully understand the learning strengths and weaknesses of your child and to customize the lessons to meet your child’s needs.
- Invites you to sit in on the registration and the orientation session with your child. This allows you to more fully understand the school’s expectations and procedures